Game Trail Adventures
- Barrier Mountain and Gable MountainTrip date: October 16, 2022 Duration: 14hr Distance: 51km Elevation gain: 2200m A school due date got pushed back “by popular demand”, so I found myself with an unexpected free day on October 16. I reached out to Vern Dewit with some potential plans, which he countered with a much more interesting/challenging sounding trip toContinue reading “Barrier Mountain and Gable Mountain”
- Mount Northover and Northover RidgeTrip date: October 8, 2022 Duration: 7:30 Distance: 34.5km Elevation gain: 1700m The Northover Ridge loop is a pretty classic backpacking trip that also makes for a good trail running objective. It was definitely on my list, but I wanted to combine the run with a scramble of Mt Northover. As the summer of 2022Continue reading “Mount Northover and Northover Ridge”
- Sunshine – Assiniboine – Shark RunTrip date: October 2, 2022 Duration: 8:10 Distance: 56.5km Elevation gain: 1700m In 2018, a couple ski friends invited me to join them on a run from Sunshine to Shark, through Assiniboine. I accepted, because FOMO, but really wasn’t confident that I should be joining them. They must have realized this too, because as theContinue reading “Sunshine – Assiniboine – Shark Run”
- South Castle Summits (Jutland Mountain, Mount Matkin, Font Mountain, Sage Mountain)Trip date: September 24-25, 2022 Moving time: 17hr Distance: 61km Elevation gain: 2800m On the last weekend of September, Vern reached out to see if I was interested in a two-day trip in the Castle area. Go back to the place where a bear wrecked my shit? Heck ya! 😉 I hadn’t been feeling particularlyContinue reading “South Castle Summits (Jutland Mountain, Mount Matkin, Font Mountain, Sage Mountain)”
- Glasgow – Banded Traverse (Mt Glasgow, Mt Cornwall, Outlaw Peak, Banded Peak)Trip date: September 18, 2022 Duration: 8:45 Distance: 41km Elevation gain: 2200m I’ve been interested in the Glasgow to Banded traverse for a couple years, but it never quite made it to the top of the list. When I’m in Canmore for the summer, driving out of the mountains and then back in again toContinue reading “Glasgow – Banded Traverse (Mt Glasgow, Mt Cornwall, Outlaw Peak, Banded Peak)”
I’m Sara Mclean and I like to play in the Canadian Rockies! Scrambling, running, and hiking are my main things but I am learning how to climb and ski so that I can play all year round in all the places.