Game Trail Adventures
- Astral Peak and Pakakos MountainTrip date: October 9-10, 2021 Moving time: 16.5hr Distance: 53km Elevation gain: 2400m In late May, I did a backpacking loop in the Ghost that was supposed to include ascents of Astral Peak and Pakakos Mountain. I wasn’t prepared for the amount of snow still remaining and bailed on both these objectives. Now, as shoulderContinue reading “Astral Peak and Pakakos Mountain”
- Lake O’Hara – Odaray Grandview and Lake McArthurTrip date: October 3, 2021 Duration: 5hr Distance: 13km Elevation gain: 750m Sarah, Althea, and I woke to cloudy skies for the second day in a row. After an evening of snow/drizzle at the Lake O’Hara campground, we were happy that at least it was dry! We had everything packed up and ready to goContinue reading “Lake O’Hara – Odaray Grandview and Lake McArthur”
- Lake O’Hara – Alpine CircuitTrip date: October 2, 2021 Duration: 6:45 Distance: 16.5km Elevation: 1200m After a chilly night at the Lake O’Hara campground, Sarah, Althea, and I woke to cloudy morning skies. We had a relaxed (but not too relaxed!) morning and got going at 9:30. The first stop of the day was the Wiwaxy Gap. A marchContinue reading “Lake O’Hara – Alpine Circuit”
- Kent Creek and Lawson Traverse (Mount Inflexible, Mount Lawson, Little Lawson)Trip date: September 30, 2021 Duration: 9:30 Distance: 26km Elevation gain: 1700m When viewed from the Kananaskis fire lookout, the Kent Creek valley to the north always caught my attention. I could find no mention of trails in the long, densely forested valley and that made me curious. From maps and satellite images, it lookedContinue reading “Kent Creek and Lawson Traverse (Mount Inflexible, Mount Lawson, Little Lawson)”
- Marvel PeakTrip date: September 25, 2021 Duration: 8:15 Distance: 48km Elevation gain: 1900m Marvel Peak was a trip that I was only going to do on a clear fall day. If that day didn’t come this year, I was prepared to wait. Fortunately, the weather cooperated and I had a warm sunny day in peak larchContinue reading “Marvel Peak”
I’m Sara Mclean and I like to play in the Canadian Rockies! Scrambling, running, and hiking are my main things but I am learning how to climb and ski so that I can play all year round in all the places.